National Weather Service Cleveland OH
1230 PM EST Fri Jan 17 2020
…Storm System Will Bring Wintry Weather to the Region…
.A low pressure system will move northeast through the central Great Lakes Saturday. The combination of the cold air in place and plenty of moisture with the storm system will result in snow initially. The snow will become mixed with or change over to freezing rain by Saturday morning for a period of time before becoming all rain. The low pressure system will move northeast of the area taking the precipitation with it Saturday night.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 3 PM EST SATURDAY…
* WHAT…Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of north central and northeast Ohio.
* WHEN…From 9 PM this evening to 3 PM EST Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow will begin to move into the area early tonight. The heaviest snow will fall tonight before becoming mixed with and changing over to freezing rain and sleet Saturday morning. The freezing rain and sleet should only last one to three hours before the it transitions to all rain as temperatures warm to around 40 degrees Saturday afternoon/evening.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
For more information from the National Weather Service visit