MOUNT VERNON – The Knox County Sheriff’s Office and Mount Vernon EMS responded to a double overdose south of the city on Wednesday.
Just after 2 p.m., Mount Vernon emergency personnel was dispatched to a residence in the 700 block of Broadway Street in Mount Vernon.
According to the 9-1-1 call obtained by the News, the men were overdosing and “turning blue” according to the caller. She said she gave a dose of NARCAN to one of the men, who was revived.
The caller said she only knew one of the men. Both men were still breathing and had a pulse, she said, but the one who still needed medical treatment looked “very pale, almost blue.”
The caller said the men had only been at the residence a few minutes, and that at least one other person had been there shortly before but had left.
The dispatcher asked the caller if the man who was revived could tell her what they had taken. The caller said the man told her he hadn’t taken anything.
Paramedics arrived and took one male patient out of the home and administrated NARCAN in the ambulance. Both men refused further treatment.
Knox County Sheriff’s deputies and detectives remained on the scene for forty-five minutes.
The rest of this article is available to our subscribers.
Do your part to support local journalism
Subscribe to our e-edition to read this and many other articles written by your neighbors.