MOUNT VERNON — Emergency crews and law enforcement officials responded to another bomb threat at Mount Vernon Middle School Tuesday morning in an incident that was nearly identical to the one last week.
Like in the previous incident, a threat was written on a bathroom wall in the school but unlike last week, this most recent message was found in the girls’ bathroom instead of the boys’. Also, Tuesday’s threat was not as specific as the previous one and referenced “at the end of the school year” whereas the first one gave a specific time and place.
“Unfortunately, these things take on little copy-cats things,” said Mount Vernon Superintendent Bill Seder. “I think it’s fair to say that for the remainder of the year, we’re making some changes to some of our procedures.”
No students were evacuated on Tuesday, according to Mount Vernon Police Detective Matthew Haver.
“We’re going to continue to try to find this or these individuals. This isn’t a game. This is serious,” Seder said.
The investigations into both threats are still ongoing.