MOUNT VERNON — An individual suspected of overdosing at a Columbus Road gas station Friday was treated by emergency service personnel.

According to Mount Vernon Fire and EMS, and Mount Vernon Police, reports, a 28-year-old male was found unresponsive in the bathroom of the gas station at approximately 5:39 p.m. EMS personnel administered narcan, which “woke the individual up,” Mount Vernon Fire Department Chief Chad Christopher said.

The man stated he had used alcohol that evening, but denied using drugs, Christopher said.
Narcan, or naloxone, is used to reverse the effects of overdose from opioids. It does not have an effect on a person who is in an alcoholic stupor, Christopher said.

MVPD reports indicate that no drug paraphernalia was found on scene.

The man was taken to Knox Community Hospital for treatment, and no charges were filed, according to MVPD reports.

 

Nick Sabo: 740-397-5333 or nsabo@mountvernonnews.com and on Twitter, @mountvernonnews

 

 

Previous Story

 

Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.