MARTINSBURG — A Christmas Eve fire destroyed a home a mile east of Martinsburg. The Bladensburg Volunteer Fire Department got the alarm about 3 p.m. Saturday. The property, back a long lane at 23566 New Guilford Road, is owned by Richard Kidd and occupied by Stephanie Wessinger. No one was injured.

Bladensburg Fire Chief Nick Cottrell said the two-story structure was fully engulfed when the department arrived. Mutual aid came from Utica Fire Department with a medic; and engines and tankers arrived from Utica, Mount Vernon Fire Department, Eastern Knox County Joint Fire District and College Township Fire Department.

 

Virgil Shipley: 740-397-5333 or photos@mountvernonnews.com and on Twitter, @mountvernonnews

 

 

 

Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.