Virgil Shipley/News Mount Vernon Fire Department Lt. Todd Davis is high on his job. He climbed two ladders to douse the fire in this chimney at 6 Martinsburg Road Monday morning. Below him is Trevor Williams. The homeowner, Robert Lappeus, told the News he had too big of a fire in the fireplace and it set the soot in the chimney on fire. He said he will have the chimney inspected.

Virgil Shipley/Mount Vernon News

Mount Vernon Fire Department Lt. Todd Davis is high on his job. He climbed two ladders to douse the fire in this chimney at 6 Martinsburg Road Monday morning. Below him is Trevor Williams. The homeowner, Robert Lappeus, told the News he had too big of a fire in the fireplace and it set the soot in the chimney on fire. He said he will have the chimney inspected. Request this photo

 

 

Virgil Shipley: 740-397-5333 or photos@mountvernonnews.com and on Twitter, @mountvernonnews

 

 

 

Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.