Mount Vernon News
 
 

By Mount Vernon News
January 24, 2014 11:38 am EST

 

MOUNT VERNON — In addition to the judge and magistrate, how many people work for the probate and juvenile court?

The court currently has 20 employees, including seven full-time probation officers, an administrator and five clerks. There are some part-time employees and employees who divide their time among more than one position. And there are two probate clerks.

The court at one time had 26 employees, Judge James Ronk said, but staff was reduced during the recession.

The juvenile court judge is paid the same as a common pleas judge: $121,350. Of that, 90 percent is paid by the state; the other 10 percent is paid by the county.

The magistrate is paid entirely by the county. Jeffrey Williams was paid $82,628 in 2012. The common pleas magistrate, Linda Cohen, was paid $84,974.76 in 2012. Their salaries are set by the judges.

For the rest of the story

The rest of this article is available to Mount Vernon News subscribers. To continue reading, please log in or purchase a subscription. Click here for the January 24, 2014 e-edition. The article will only be available for thirty (30) days.

 

 

 


Contact Chuck Martin
Email

Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
  • Sponsored Links