BUTLER TOWNSHIP — A fire believed to have started in a kitchen caused approximately $25,000 in damage to the home of Nathaniel Stevens on Monday evening. The Eastern Knox County Joint Fire District was called to 7977 Woods Church Road at 8:07 p.m.
EKCJFD Chief Larry Stimpert told the News that only small flames still remained when firefighters arrived. Mutual aid was provided by Bladensburg and College Township fire departments. The fire was believed to have started in and around a refrigerator, and extensive flame damage was sustained in the kitchen. Smoke damage was also sustained throughout the house.
Family members escaped the house without injury and are now residing with other family members. The flames from the blaze were quickly doused, and firefighters left the scene at 9:30 p.m.
Contact Alan ReedEmail
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.