BUTLER — A Pike Township residence was gutted by fire Wednesday.
The fire, at 29 West Lakeview Drive, was paged out at 3:29 p.m. and drew firefighters from four departments. The interior of the house is a total loss, according to a Fredericktown Community Fire District spokesperson.
All occupants of the residence made it to safety, but a pet cat was lost in the fire. No injuries were reported.
Rod Cook, Red Cross regional executive director, said two occupants were residing at the home. The Red Cross is providing primary assistance, which includes food, clothing and shelter needs, Cook told the News this morning, and will follow up with other needs as necessary.
The rest of this article is available to Mount Vernon News subscribers. To continue reading, please log in or purchase an e-edition. Login to the e-edition. The article will only be available for thirty (30) days. Try the demo