MOUNT VERNON — A toddler was treated with an opiate overdose recovery drug Tuesday after ingesting Suboxone.
Mount Vernon Fire Department Chief Chad Christopher said paramedics and the department’s command vehicle responded to a call Tuesday at 11:40 a.m. in the 600 block of North Sandusky Street for a 2-year-old female that was found by her mother with Suboxone in her mouth. Poison control was contacted, which recommended Narcan, a drug used to reverse the effects of opiate overdose, be administered to the child, Christopher said.
Christopher said the child was “in and out of consciousness” and was breathing when emergency medical personnel arrived.
The child was transported to Knox Community Hospital and transported via medical helicopter to a Columbus hospital, Christopher said.
No information on the child’s condition was available, as of press time.
The News questioned Mount Vernon Police Department this morning about the incident and was told they were not called to the scene and had no report.